McCullough, a woman of many talents, is well known as a photographer, composer, singer, multi-instrumentalist and performer within the entertainment industry. As a professional photographer, she began photographing many of New York and New Jersey's (as well as musicians all along the Eastern Seaboard) up and coming bands, some who later became mainstream artists, and were part of the ever evolving music scene of those days. It was then that Elizabeth too evolved - from the world of the visual artist to the recording arts world. And what an interesting journey between those two worlds it's been for Alpha Cat.
More on eMusic Wire
- 230V in the vehicle made easy and powerful with an all-in-one inverter system
- Mahmood Khan Cracks ITUNES Australia Top Ten Charts
- Lori Jean Finnila ISSA USA Female Single Of The Year Nominee 2020
- Autism Canada and musicians team-up for internet release
- Dutch Hip-Hop Artist Odillia Releases Debut US Single "End of the World" Featuring Lil' Keed
Beginning to compose her own songs she turned to some of those artists for help and guidance. One of them, Fred Smith, formerly the bassist with Blondie and the band Television, agreed to produce her first two releases. An EP titled Real Boy in 1999 was extremely well received by college radio audiences in both the U.S. and Canada. It was at this point Alpha Cat made the decision to let the photography go and focus on music. Following the Real Boy EP, McCullough and Smith reunited to co-produces and collaborate on a follow-up CD, Pearl Harbor, in October of 2001. Unfortunately, this was in the wake of the 9/11 attacks on America and with an image of a bomb on the cover and the sound effects of a glass building falling down, this CD was eerily prescient. It was not well received initially, for obvious reasons. Upon re-release in February 2002, it did much better, receiving significant airplay on college radio, and winning a couple "Best Of" awards that year.
After an extended hiatus from the music business that began in 2007, due to health related issues, Alpha Cat returned in 2019 with the Thatched Roof Glass House release. It is her first album in more than a decade and includes seven songs completed with the help of Doug Pettibone (Lucinda Williams, John Mayer), bassist/guitarist Reggie McBride (Elton John), Jason Harrison Smith (Albert Lee, Kelly Sweet, Ian Andersen) on drums and co-production, and engineer and co-producer Jon Mattox, The album was then mixed and mastered by post-production legend Brett (Cosmo) Thorngren.
More on eMusic Wire
- Eat Locally - Businesses Supporting Local Restaurants
- Slim LED Light Box in 10mm,16mm and 20mm with 5 Years Warranty and Custom Sizes
- Class Claims LLC Announces Practice to Assist Businesses with Government Loans and Grants
- ASI's 2020 Partner & Client Conference Goes Virtual as "iNNOVATIONS LIVE"
- Tampa President & Firm Found Guilty of Fraud - Plaintiff Awarded Nearly $1 Million
A North American radio and press campaigns have already been launched to promote Every Day You Break My Heart from Thatched Roof Glass House. Mainstream Alternative Rock and Triple A radio stations have also been serviced with the single. Additional personal appearances and other events are planned to be announced in the upcoming weeks. Ms. McCullough's press kit will be provided upon request to all members of the media by contacting the representative listed below. She is presently available for interviews and/or appearances. More news, updates and other information about upcoming events may also be found at https://www.facebook.com/alphacatband
Mia Mind Music
Filed Under: Music
Latest on eMusic Wire
- Helping to Build Ventilators in the Coronavirus Pandemic
- New Book Announcement: Executive Engagement Strategies—How to Have Conversations and Develop Relationships that Build B2B Business
- BiKi.com Announces World Premiere Listing of Asia Reserve Currency Coin, World's First Microasset
- STG Logistics handles first FEMA charter of medical supplies
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Coronavirus Positive Patients' can use Sargas' Remote Monitoring platform to free up hospital beds and Medical Staff
- Smartglasses Roadmap – the 20's: New report details $34B market. Smartglasses replace smart phones and smart watches by 2030
- Canadian teen singer/actor David Raynolds released a brand new single IONIZE
- Rock Guitar Virtuoso Reveals New Tapping Technique Tutorial
- Darrell Kelley's "The Coronavirus" Sounding A Warning And Sharing Suggestions
- Sweet James Offers Employees Emergency Relief and Help with Medical Bills
- Symplast Announced as Platinum Vendor of the American Med Spa Association; to Present Educational Webinar on Telehealth to all Society Members
- Maestro International Cargo handles sixteen COVID-19 charters in March including three pharma-only charters totaling 200 metric tons
- Reduced prices for mental health support during the difficulty and unknowns of Coronavirus
- HoloBuilder Welcomes Takenaka Corporation to Their Innovators Club
- The Town Kitchen, PBC launches TTK Provisions to Serve Youth-Crafted, Locally Sourced Food and Essentials to Households in SF Bay Area
- ChainUP Wallet Solution Explained by HiCoin Co-Founder, MingYuan Wang
- The World's First Inflatable Sleeping Bag
- Humanity First USA Medical Supplies Needed
- BiKi.com Lists Leading Korean Project ICON, One of the World's Most Utilized Blockchain Platforms
- Former Isley Brother CHRIS JASPER pays tribute to a SAM COOKE classic ..."Nothing Can Change This Love"... Just Released!