McCullough, a woman of many talents, is well known as a photographer, composer, singer, multi-instrumentalist and performer within the entertainment industry. As a professional photographer, she began photographing many of New York and New Jersey's (as well as musicians all along the Eastern Seaboard) up and coming bands, some who later became mainstream artists, and were part of the ever evolving music scene of those days. It was then that Elizabeth too evolved - from the world of the visual artist to the recording arts world. And what an interesting journey between those two worlds it's been for Alpha Cat.
More on eMusic Wire
- Triangle Real Estate Group CEO Makes Top 25 List, Earns Industry Distinction With Real Estate Franchise Brand Leader
- Curly's Caffeinated Water Debuts at 250+ H-E-B Stores To Change How People Hydrate and Energize
- Chris Comet and The Tribe Releases a Fantastic String of Music Titled 'Here Comes the Sun Again'
- William E. Lewis Jr & Associates announces the formation of a credit repair component
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Tax Forums and Expo
Beginning to compose her own songs she turned to some of those artists for help and guidance. One of them, Fred Smith, formerly the bassist with Blondie and the band Television, agreed to produce her first two releases. An EP titled Real Boy in 1999 was extremely well received by college radio audiences in both the U.S. and Canada. It was at this point Alpha Cat made the decision to let the photography go and focus on music. Following the Real Boy EP, McCullough and Smith reunited to co-produces and collaborate on a follow-up CD, Pearl Harbor, in October of 2001. Unfortunately, this was in the wake of the 9/11 attacks on America and with an image of a bomb on the cover and the sound effects of a glass building falling down, this CD was eerily prescient. It was not well received initially, for obvious reasons. Upon re-release in February 2002, it did much better, receiving significant airplay on college radio, and winning a couple "Best Of" awards that year.
After an extended hiatus from the music business that began in 2007, due to health related issues, Alpha Cat returned in 2019 with the Thatched Roof Glass House release. It is her first album in more than a decade and includes seven songs completed with the help of Doug Pettibone (Lucinda Williams, John Mayer), bassist/guitarist Reggie McBride (Elton John), Jason Harrison Smith (Albert Lee, Kelly Sweet, Ian Andersen) on drums and co-production, and engineer and co-producer Jon Mattox, The album was then mixed and mastered by post-production legend Brett (Cosmo) Thorngren.
More on eMusic Wire
- Airforwarders Association Testifies at U.S. Senate Committee Hearing
- Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association Makes Investment Play in Education Game Startup
- Medicom Health Partners with Houston Hospital System to Help Patients Save on Prescription Costs
- The Indie Artist Tour That's Sweeping The Nation
- Kaleidescope - A Next Generation Artist Concert - 3/29 at Centene Auditorium
A North American radio and press campaigns have already been launched to promote Every Day You Break My Heart from Thatched Roof Glass House. Mainstream Alternative Rock and Triple A radio stations have also been serviced with the single. Additional personal appearances and other events are planned to be announced in the upcoming weeks. Ms. McCullough's press kit will be provided upon request to all members of the media by contacting the representative listed below. She is presently available for interviews and/or appearances. More news, updates and other information about upcoming events may also be found at https://www.facebook.com/alphacatband
Mia Mind Music
Filed Under: Music
Latest on eMusic Wire
- Comedian Don Barnhart Reopens Jokesters Comedy Club With Best Deal In Las Vegas
- Boulder International Film Festival: March 5th - March 8th, 2020 includes Celebrity Appearances, Award-Winning Filmmakers, New Adventure Film Pavilion
- R&B/Pop Singer Tanya Nolan Officially Releases Self-Titled Album
- Popzangeres en songwriter Odillia heeft met rapper Lil Keed uit Atlanta een nieuw muzieknummer
- Jacob Bryant New Release-TELL ME Available Everywhere
- Google Will Index Sites Linked With No-Follow
- Nola Blue Records signs guitarist, singer, songwriter and Louisiana native Eric Johanson
- Lab Properties' New Sale-Leaseback Program Provides Cannabis Operators with Working Capital
- Official Music Video for the Single, "Send For Me" by Lil David Ruffin
- Inna Organic Receives Global Recognition as Premium Clean Beauty Brand
- Lynn University Conservatory of Music offers 12 classical music presentations
- Patton Announces the Industry's Most Flexible High-Density FXS VoIP Gateway
- BiKi.com Announces Electroneum Listing with 6 Million ETN Giveaway
- Digital Media Solutions Names Kathy Bryan As Chief Marketing Officer
- AutoQuotes and FEDA Announce New Strategic Partnership
- Lantek increases its turnover by 9.6%, reaching $23 million
- National Retail Solutions (NRS) and City Harvest are Partnering to Help NYC Businesses Grow!
- ThreeMain Goes Carbon Neutral, Sells Out Of Inventory
- Street Kingz Releases New Album March 6th
- Jordan Belfort, Wolf of Wall Street, to Speak at 7th Annual CEO Summit