EDMONTON, Alberta - eMusicWire -- Summary: PolypDx™ provides convenient early detection of colon polyps so patients can seek early treatment and prevent colorectal cancer. Adenomatous polyps (adenomas) of the colon and rectum are benign (noncancerous) growths but may be precursor lesions to colorectal cancer. Polyps greater than one centimeter in diameter are associated with a greater risk of cancer. If polyps are not removed, they continue to grow and may become cancerous. Metabolomic Technologies Inc. (MTI) is excited to announce the national expansion of its proprietary and innovative test, PolypDx™. This non-invasive, convenient urine test is a major breakthrough to detect adenomatous polyps and help prevent colon cancer. PolypDx™ does not require any unpleasant bowel cleansing preparation or unsanitary handling of stool. The national expansion of this test is one of the most exciting developments in the fight against colorectal cancer. A new study determined that the rate of colorectal cancer in the United States continues to rise for those under the age of 50 years. According to the American Cancer Society, more than 95,000 people will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer in 2020, and more than 50,000 will die. Lack of early screening is one of the largest contributors to the increase in colorectal cancer, and PolypDx™ provides a simple and convenient way for patients to be proactive with their health. MTI's strategic partnerships with Forefront Health Partners, a St. Louis based healthcare consulting group, and QualiTox Laboratories, LLC, a Pittsburgh based high complexity laboratory, initiated this expansive growth within the U.S. market by offering a convenient at home sample collection kit. PolypDx™ kits will be shipped directly to the patient, where they can provide the urine sample from the comfort of their own home and ship it in a pre-paid courier package to the laboratory for analysis. Kaushik Srinivasan, CEO of MTI, says of the partnership: "We are very excited to have partnered with Forefront Health Partners and QualiTox Laboratories for this next milestone for PolypDx™. Early detection of adenomatous polyps saves lives and PolypDx™ helps make the prevention of colorectal cancer possible. We are excited to make PolypDx™ available to everyone." Alex Strahan, CEO of QualiTox Laboratories, LLC, says, "We are extremely proud to partner with MTI to expand our clinical offerings from toxicology and infectious disease testing to now include PolypDx™. Offering this simple urine test for patients to use at home will allow more people than ever to painlessly detect colon polyps." About Metabolomic Technologies Inc. Metabolomic Technologies Inc. (MTI) is a growing Canadian company developing metabolomic based in vitro diagnostics. Their lead product, PolypDx™ is the first and only urine-based screening test for colorectal cancer. There are more than 40,000 small molecule metabolites found in the human body. Through their unique and powerful metabolomics platform, and the identification of distinct metabolic fingerprints, MTI is developing simple and accurate diagnostic tests.
More on eMusic Wire
More on eMusic Wire
- Does it really matter who makes the music? Can an "anonymous artist" ever catch on?
- R&B/Pop Recording Artist Tanya Nolan Set to Release EDM Remix of 'No Pressure'
- City of San Miguel de Allende, State of Guanajuato Obtain Coveted WTTC 'Safe Travels' Stamp
- Law Offices of Charles G. Eichinger & Associates, P.C. Open and Ready to Help
- Corinne Cook Supports Gold Star Families With New Single And Lyric Video "Seven White Stars"
Source: Metabolomic Technologies Inc.
Latest on eMusic Wire
- Ironside Human Resources selected for 2020 Dallas Small Business Excellence Award Dallas
- Sage IT selected as one of the "30 Fastest Growing Tech Companies" by The Silicon Review
- Intuit and NACCE Welcome Eleven Colleges to Phase II of Financial Management for Entrepreneurs Curriculum Initiative
- DeskProto® releases CAM software for Apple® computers
- Autonomous, Inc Declares Support for Black Lives Matter
- REAL Trends + Tom Ferry Announce 2020 America's Best Real Estate Professionals List 8th Annual Real Estate Ranking
- Pack Power™ Enables swyMed Telehealth Backpack
- Broadway Style Singer Ricky Comeaux Delivers on Leonard Cohen Classic "Hallelujah"
- SBG Sports Software Appointed as FIA Exclusive Official Supplier of Race Control System in a Multi-Year Partnership
- Hughes Shelton Realtors Ranked Among Top Real Estate Teams In Florida By Real Trends America's Best
- Ideanomics Announces Delivery Completion of Multiple EV Sales Orders
- SFA Therapeutics Announces FDA Approval To Begin IND Trial
- World first event venue with UVC disinfection technology
- Sennheiser Features Serena Laurel On #DontStopTheMusic Virtual Concert Series
- Tanner Bulldozer Boser Pre Fight Interview
- Over 50K streams on Spotify, 100K streams elsewhere! Sam is rocking it!
- Jinglz Subsidiary CampaignTester Signs 6-Time Emmy Winner To Test Content With EmotionTrac
- Consumer51 Launches New Website and Digital Marketing Campaigns for First Crop™
- Call Me Ace Shares How the Global Pandemic & Racial Injustice Affect the Black Experience In Working From Home: Extended
- Ideanomics MEG Announces Completion of Tianjin Zhongcheng Order