Client/Sales visits are out! Many are now working from home and remotely controlling their office computers, making it very hard or impossible to stay in touch with multiple people at the same time.
Video conferencing to the rescue. Zoom, Go To Meeting, WebEx, Anytime Meeting, Skype and Intermedia are among the leaders.
Brian MacFee of Systems Support Corp notes, "Online meetings break through the isolation and keep everybody on the same page. This could be employees, clients, key members of clubs and organizations, or even just a chance to get family together over the upcoming holidays."
He added, "The good news is that there are a number of quality online meeting systems that are pretty easy to use, fairly inexpensive (some are even free for a period of time), and pretty reliable."
Most people have a laptop or tablet at their disposal they can use that already has a video camera and microphone built into it. You can even use most of the smartphones for it as well. Most of the better known meeting systems have pretty much the same features that we'll be talking about.
More on eMusic Wire
- Jacksonville Children's Chorus Changing Address, But Not Mission
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
To have the best meetings you can, make some preparations beforehand and test them out with a friend or partner before going "live" with a number of people. Here's some tips to make your meeting the best experience it can be. Some of the tips are good to remember if you are an attendee of someone else's meeting -
1) Choose a good provider – again the top providers are highly recommended. All are easy to use even for the novice.
2) Include all the information necessary to connect in your invitation email that you send to attendees.
3) Create and share an agenda with your attendees.
4) Practice the meeting with a colleague. How do you look and sound on their computer?
A suggestion, try to use a headset microphone or pair the Bluetooth earpiece/microphone you use with your phone to your computer. Microphones internal to laptops tend to sound boomy or throw off lots of echo.
5) Make sure your lighting is BRIGHT. Without good lighting, you will look dark and rather sinister on the other screens. Have a light background, like a blank office wall. You can even drape a white sheet behind for better contrast and appearance with a logo or brand graphic attached. It is best to avoid a window as your background.
More on eMusic Wire
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- Hello Lady, a True American Rock Band
6) If at home, choose a room with good lighting away from everybody else.
7) If there are going to be more than three attendees, you want to be able to mute people at will as one of the biggest complaints is people talking over one another.
8) With more attendees, it is best to have a colleague manage the meeting – muting / unmuting as necessary and switching the main screen to others for you as necessary.
9) Many systems allow you to record the meeting. This can be helpful to recall documents that are shared or clarifying what was said.
10) Repeat number 4 – Practice is the best way to become familiar with the system, check the sound and picture, and share documents and videos.
These tips should help you create effective meetings that can help keep your clients, colleagues, or potential customers engaged and improve your image as you attend other's meetings.
Systems Support Corp, located at 462 Plain Street, Suite 206, Marshfield, MA 02050 delivers first-class computer support to companies aiming to increase productivity and efficiency. With a comprehensive approach to network services, Systems Support Corp is a single source for all things IT.
To learn more about online meeting platform, contact Systems Support Corp by visiting www. SystemSupport.com or call their Marshfield, MA-based offices at (781) 837-0069.
Steven V. Dubin, PR Works
Latest on eMusic Wire
- East Coast Match™ Announces a $10,000.00 Professional Matchmaking Giveaway
- MegaFans and Black Dog Gaming Launch Charity eSports Tournament for USO West
- Lantek launches version 2020 with focus on remote working and process efficiency
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded a $3.5M order for gunner displays
- Jet Medical Tourism® Cites Report Saying Bariatric Surgery Works, But Millions of Eligible Patients in The Heaviest American States Cannot Get It
- Walzik Announces Automated Interface Between Dynamics GP and Strategic Movements
- NS4ed Partners with New Mexico to Maximize the Perkins V's Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA)
- Over 400 CEOs Have Benefited from CEO Coaching International's Free Coaching Call Offer
- Certified Nutraceuticals , Inc is proud to partner with Princeton Consumer Research for a Randomized, Single-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled Study
- All Premium CBD Enters the Pain Relief Arena with CBDMEDIC Partnership
- Fighting A Good Fight Using Music As The Weapon
- Nutraceuticals & Agriceuticals Technology Company, Inc. Files For Patent Protection For Latest Invention Persimonal™ Persimmon Leaf Exctract- Powder
- Virtuoso Guitarist Shares Secrets To Improving Guitar Lick Creativity
- World Humanity Commission Awards Certificate of Appreciation to Kalgidhar Society Baru Sahib for promoting Lessons of Humanity
- edjuster Celebrates Twenty Years of Excellence in Contents Claims Management for Insurers, Adjusters and Policyholders
- Gold City Music announces a NEW CD RELEASE By Former Isley Brother CHRIS JASPER..."For the Love of You"
- MacFour Releases Neyo Cover of "Because of You"
- Braeden Lichti: The Complicated World of Biotech Investments in the Era of COVID-19
- Capgemini UK Plc Breaches GDPR Regulations
- Practicing mindfulness without addressing self-destructive habits is like placing a band-aid on a festering wound