"Our patients are the best and we knew they would jump right in and contribute," said Dr. Malchar.
Collections for the Healing Hands Glove and Mitten Drive began at participating chiropractor offices on December 1 and ended on January 31. Both new and gently used gloves and mittens were gratefully accepted. More than 29 chiropractors in Rhode Island are participating. Those are listed on CSRI's website at https://www.richiro.org/.
The program was also sponsored by the Rhode Island Newspaper Group (RING), which includes 19 newspapers throughout the Ocean State. RING ran ads promoting the drive.
"As chiropractors, our entire livelihood depends on our hands so we know what delicate instruments the hands can be. To be without mittens or gloves during the frigid winter months, particularly those who are homeless, can be extremely damaging to the hands," said Dr. Michael Zola, president of the CSRI and a chiropractic physician. "We thank all those who donated and the participating doctors who helped raise awareness about this issue among Rhode Islanders with this drive."
To generate as many donations as possible, CSRI invited all Rhode Island chiropractors to participate, with no fee involved. Chiropractors placed donation boxes in their waiting rooms and passed out flyers to patients. The Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rhode Island handled collection and disbursement.
More on eMusic Wire
- Joe Simon, Joe Simon, Joe Simon, Former Rhythm & Blues Singer "The Mouth Of The South," Now, Bishop Joe Simon Says: Let Us All Vote
- Datavalet Helps Teams Work Remotely During Covid-19 Crisis
- A Killer's Confession New Single "Last Chance"
- Italian Rock Band Says "The City Seems Dead" During COVID-19 Crisis
- A Killer's Confession Releasing "Last Chance" Single
Participants in the Healing Hands Campaign, listed alphabetically by town, include: Dr. Joseph Casalino IV, Spinal Health & Rehab Center, 20 Bosworth Street, Barrington, RI 02806; Dr. Mark Alano, Coastal Chiropractic Group, 576 Metacom Ave #8, Bristol, RI 02809; Dr. Rob Edwards, Bristol Chiropractic, 685 Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809; Dr. Edward Caputo, Caputo Chiropractic, 1040 Oaklawn Avenue, Cranston, RI 02920; Dr. Mark Mulak, City Side Chiropractic, 900 Reservoir Avenue, Cranston, RI 02910; Dr. Angela Ciresi, Ciresi Chiropractic, 3285 S. County Trail, East Greenwich, RI 02818; Dr. Eleanor Stump, Stump Chiropractic, Dr. Kevin Miller, 863 Broadway, East Providence, RI 02914; Dr. Megan Giovanni, Giovanni Chiropractic, 145 Danielson Pike, Foster, RI 02825; Dr. Denise Franzese Manzolillo, Manzolillo Family Chiropractic, 1481 Atwood Avenue, Johnston, RI 02919; Dr. Joseph Lancellotti, RI Chiropractic Pain Control Clinic, 1524 Atwood Ave. Ste 210A, Johnston, RI 02919; Dr. Tyler Sliney, Sliney Chiropractic, 640 George Washington Highway Bldg. C, Suite 102, Lincoln, RI 02865; Dr. Gordon Gibson, Easton Pond Chiropractic, 170 Aquidneck Avenue, Middletown, RI 02842; Dr. Michael Gottfried, Aquidneck Chiropractic, 1272 West Main Rd. Bldg. II, Middletown, RI 02842; Dr. John Hayes, 174 Bellevue Ave #303 Newport, RI 02840; Dr. Carlyle Smart, 372 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840; Dr. Alan Post, 1130 Ten Rod Road, Suite D 204, North Kingstown, RI 02852; Dr. Paul Sayour, Wickford Chiropractic & Wellness Center, 610 Ten Rod Road, N Kingstown, RI 02852; Dr. Michael Lancellotti, 1637 Mineral Spring Avenue, North Providence, RI 02904; Dr. Susan Donahue, 63 Eddie Dowling Highway, Suite 4, North Smithfield, RI 02896; Dr. Rodger Lincoln, New Hope Family Chiropractic, 192 Newport Ave., Pawtucket, RI 02861; Dr. Ronald Marsh, 11 King Charles Drive, Portsmouth RI 02871; Dr. Karen Anania, 172 Broadway, Providence, RI 02903; Dr. Arianna Iannuccilli, 560 Elmwood Avenue, Providence, RI 02907; Dr. Louis Manzolillo, Manzolillo Chiropractic, 280 Broadway, Providence RI 02903; Dr. Victoria Malchar, Malchar Chiropractic, 33 College Hill Road, Warwick, RI 02886; Dr. David Dwyer, Toll Gate Chiropractic, 189 Toll Gate Road, Warwick, RI 02886; Dr. Rick Jardon, Cowesett Chiropractic Therapy, 328 Cowesett Avenue, West Warwick, RI 02893; and Dr. Lisa Vizzacco Smith, Family Chiropractic, 1079 Main Street, West Warwick, RI 02893
More on eMusic Wire
- Corona Virus? Terry BarBay's Release "He Was Crucified" Has Worldly Encouragement, Hope, At Easter
- The Christopher Conner Foundation Announces Availability of COVID-19 Relief Grants
- PINC's Matt Yearling named Rock Star of the Supply Chain by Food Logistics magazine
- Castellex Adds Positive Air Pressure Feature to their Air Filtration Systems for Battling Coronavirus
- The Sports Circus Rockets into Greater Houston
About Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rhode Island:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rhode Island is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to pairing adult mentors with children between the ages of 7 and 15 years of age. BBBSRI seeks to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. BBBSRI's mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
About Chiropractic Society of Rhode Island (CSRI):
Founded in 1918, CSRI is one of the oldest chiropractic associations in the United States and represents more than 25 percent of the chiropractic physicians in the Ocean State. In addition to providing a regional voice for chiropractors in the business and legislative arenas, CSRI also helps educate the general public on the benefits of chiropractic. Those all-natural benefits can include relief from headaches, asthma, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel, colic, and stress, just to name a few. The Chiropractic Society of Rhode Island is located at 1272 West Main Road, Building 2, Middletown, RI 02842. For more information, call (401) 207-0700 or visit www.RIchiro.org.
Steven V. Dubin, PR Works
Latest on eMusic Wire
- ASI's 2020 Partner & Client Conference Goes Virtual as "iNNOVATIONS LIVE"
- Tampa President & Firm Found Guilty of Fraud - Plaintiff Awarded Nearly $1 Million
- New Study: MindSciences Unwinding Anxiety App Reduces Physician Anxiety and Cynicism by Half
- Advanced Fever-detection Technology to Protect Against COVID-19 Launched by National Life Safety / Security Provider
- Supreme Music 2000 and Hit City Digital Records "Now" CD Release by Henry Turner, Jr. & Flavor
- Charlotte-Based Real Estate Tech Startup Close Off Market, Inc. Launches New (Beta) Platform
- Arizona Businesswoman Launches Giveaway to Support Students During School Closure
- Ideanomics Announces Operations Back to Normal; Announces $8.1 Million in Orders
- IAOP Announces New Initiative with Its Impact Sourcing Champions Index
- BiKi.com Announces Partnership with Dash Next
- Eradius Debut "Handgun" Single
- AFOP Announces its 2020 Farmworker Children Essay and Art Contest
- Funky Pythons continues to grow as a solo project.due to today's technology
- Care Packages to Frontline Workers Delivered by Erasable Inc. of Tampa with Partners ZO Skin Health and HydraFacial
- Exquisite home for sale in an equestrian community!
- Tip: COVID-19 hand dermatitis prevention
- edjuster Ensures Continuity of Services Across North America During COVID-19 Impact
- Helping to Build Ventilators in the Coronavirus Pandemic
- New Book Announcement: Executive Engagement Strategies—How to Have Conversations and Develop Relationships that Build B2B Business
- BiKi.com Announces World Premiere Listing of Asia Reserve Currency Coin, World's First Microasset