With much of today's modern country music often glamorizing cold beers and heartache in an ever-continuous chain as a way to deal with pain, Tommy Botz is instead bringing his true-to-life struggle and its consequences to life through his music.
Though prominent in many of the songs off his latest release "Family & Friends", a powerful light is shined on his struggle with the bottle and the lives it can impact in his single "Maggie".
LISTEN TO "MAGGIE" HERE:
Botz has also penned a heartbreaking yet beautiful ballad in "Teddy Bear", a song written for a fellow inmate while locked up in an Ohio penitentiary. "He knew that I wrote songs and came to my cell in tears one night because he just found out that his little girl had passed away" Says Botz, "His wife was losing her mind questioning her faith and he asked if i could write something for his daughter's memory.
More on eMusic Wire
- LL Cool J Premieres New Music On Rock The Bells Radio From Swave HMG & Steven Young "Way Down"
- INI and CTIntegrations Create Secure Payment Solution
- Dr. Gordon Isbell, III, Past Chair American Dental Association, ADPAC Board Appointed Co-Chairman OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Dot Cromwell Drops "Ghost Ride" to Kickoff Monthly Releases
- Lineus Medical Completes $1.25M Series B Tranche 1
LISTEN TO "TEDDY BEAR" HERE:
Additionally, Singer Rose Marie, Tommy's fiancé who has stood by his side for 30 years, sings on the powerful gospel song "He's Coming Back".
LISTEN TO "HE'S COMING BACK" HERE:
HE'S COMIN BACK
Now sober for over 16 years, you can see Tommy has truly come a long way. Since finishing his incarceration, he's been off the streets for good - living quietly at The Ed Keating Center, a halfway house in Ohio, after having "crawled through the doors" on May 3rd, 2004 as a "homeless drunk with nowhere to go".
There he met a kind old man named Jack Mulhall who told him that if he followed some direction he would never have to live like that again. "I wasn't always a homeless drunk. I had dreams and goals like every young man has. I always loved country and gospel music." says Botz, whose early interest led him to become the lead singer in two bands - The Chevells and The Caesars 5 early in his music career, winning a Battle of the Bands and winding up with an RCA recording contract. But after the loss of their guitar player and their contract being pulled, Botz's drinking got worse and soon penitentiaries became a way of life.
More on eMusic Wire
- Ignite Entrepreneurs Initiative to Empower Chicagoland's Entrepreneurs
- WMA Foundation Helps California Mobile Home Owners
- East Coast Match™ Announces a $10,000.00 Professional Matchmaking Giveaway
- MegaFans and Black Dog Gaming Launch Charity eSports Tournament for USO West
- Lantek launches version 2020 with focus on remote working and process efficiency
From broken marriages to lost jobs, no car, and no license - living to drink and drinking to live became his routine. Finally, with several years of sobriety and working under his belt - he made the decision to go for his dream and finally record some of the over 200+ songs he had written over the years.
Hear the full record at www.adrunksdreamcomestrue.com
For More on Tommy Botz, VISIT:
Tommy Botz Music Facebook Page
For Press Inquiries, Contact: Rick@RickEberleAgency.com
Filed Under: Music
Latest on eMusic Wire
- Capgemini UK Plc Breaches GDPR Regulations
- Practicing mindfulness without addressing self-destructive habits is like placing a band-aid on a festering wound
- Glass Mosaic Artist Allison Eden Studios Pivots Into Fashion With Face Mask Line
- Multi-instrumentalist Connor Fiehler's Debut Album, "Generation Flee" Now Available
- The Edge of Reason "I'm Not Okay" My Chemical Romance Cover
- Hello Lady has released a new album, Goodbye Cruel World
- Exanimate "Darknes" EP on LEGEND Recordings
- Conscious Activation International: Learning How to Shift Your Thinking is the Best Way to Protect Your Mental Health During This Pandemic
- Restech is proud to announce the launch of PepsinCheck, a PEPTEST product branded for the U.S. consumer market
- For the first time ever, an endangered leatherback sea turtle is being tracked after nesting on the Gulf Coast of Florida
- Amazing New Kids' Show Born of COVID - Full of Laughter and Surprising Depth
- Stratum Nutrition® Welcomes Kyle Haws as Regional Operations Manager
- Dove Bennett Teams up With Local West Covina Residents to Provide Hot Meals During Quarantine
- CarHop Closing Pennsylvania Locations
- Two New Studies Confirm BLIS M18™ Effective Against Black Teeth Staining
- Colorado Functional Chewing Gum Brands Now Available Touch-Free; The New Normal is Helping to Expand a New Category
- New Book Offers Hands-On Guidance to Female Investors at Early Stage of Investing
- Green Energy Exchange Closes Financing with Shell Energy
- NS4ed Designs a Customized Career Readiness Portal for National Rural Education Association
- Lineus Medical Awarded Key Patent