With much of today's modern country music often glamorizing cold beers and heartache in an ever-continuous chain as a way to deal with pain, Tommy Botz is instead bringing his true-to-life struggle and its consequences to life through his music.
Though prominent in many of the songs off his latest release "Family & Friends", a powerful light is shined on his struggle with the bottle and the lives it can impact in his single "Maggie".
LISTEN TO "MAGGIE" HERE:
Botz has also penned a heartbreaking yet beautiful ballad in "Teddy Bear", a song written for a fellow inmate while locked up in an Ohio penitentiary. "He knew that I wrote songs and came to my cell in tears one night because he just found out that his little girl had passed away" Says Botz, "His wife was losing her mind questioning her faith and he asked if i could write something for his daughter's memory.
More on eMusic Wire
- iLiveYouToo Partners are Helping Improve Live Audio Video Streaming Experiences for Artists & Venues
- Reks - T.H.I.N.G.S. (The Hunger Inside Never Gets Satisfied)
- Pvilion Awarded $1.5 Million USAF Phase II SBIR Contract for Autonomously Deployable Structures
- U.S. Army Awards DiSTI $10M Delivery Order for JLTV Trainers
- VORAGO Technologies announces family expansion and size reduction of radiation-hardened Arm® Cortex® MCUs into BGA packages for Defense and Aerospace
LISTEN TO "TEDDY BEAR" HERE:
Additionally, Singer Rose Marie, Tommy's fiancé who has stood by his side for 30 years, sings on the powerful gospel song "He's Coming Back".
LISTEN TO "HE'S COMING BACK" HERE:
HE'S COMIN BACK
Now sober for over 16 years, you can see Tommy has truly come a long way. Since finishing his incarceration, he's been off the streets for good - living quietly at The Ed Keating Center, a halfway house in Ohio, after having "crawled through the doors" on May 3rd, 2004 as a "homeless drunk with nowhere to go".
There he met a kind old man named Jack Mulhall who told him that if he followed some direction he would never have to live like that again. "I wasn't always a homeless drunk. I had dreams and goals like every young man has. I always loved country and gospel music." says Botz, whose early interest led him to become the lead singer in two bands - The Chevells and The Caesars 5 early in his music career, winning a Battle of the Bands and winding up with an RCA recording contract. But after the loss of their guitar player and their contract being pulled, Botz's drinking got worse and soon penitentiaries became a way of life.
More on eMusic Wire
- CU Xpress Lease Expands into Northern California
- Grab 'em by the Microphone! Independent Feature Film To the New Girl Releases on VOD
- Crossover Publications announces 9/11/2020 release date for Make America Saved Again
- 'Creative for a Cause' Creates a Simple Video with a Powerful Message
- Sustainable Student-Run Company's Diverse Work Environment Embodies American-Made Spirit
From broken marriages to lost jobs, no car, and no license - living to drink and drinking to live became his routine. Finally, with several years of sobriety and working under his belt - he made the decision to go for his dream and finally record some of the over 200+ songs he had written over the years.
Hear the full record at www.adrunksdreamcomestrue.com
For More on Tommy Botz, VISIT:
Tommy Botz Music Facebook Page
For Press Inquiries, Contact: Rick@RickEberleAgency.com
Filed Under: Music
Latest on eMusic Wire
- Christian single hitting music platforms highlights work of changemakers
- Avoiding the 17a-4 Quagmire - AdvisorVault's Guide for Small FINRA Firms
- Small Professor - A Jawn Supreme (Vol. 2)
- Hit Songs Deconstructed releases Mid-Year 2020 hit song trend report The State of the Hot 100 Top 10
- Eric Bopp Announces He's Running for Judge
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards
- Independent DIY Artist Oliver Sean hits the iTunes UK Top 10 Bestselling Pre-Orders Charts
- FRE$HNE$$ by Moe Betta @MBettaMusic
- Tom Urquhart, Ph.D., joins IOTech Systems as SVP of Professional Services
- CEO Coaching International Client, StoneAge Inc., Acquires Breadware, A Leader in Industrial IOT Product Development
- Broadway Style Singer Ricky Comeaux Is Tilting Windmills With New Single "I, Don Quixote"
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 2020 Earnings - TESLA Model 3 Proof of Concept
- Kupit Kickstarter Campaign by Burgeón Brands Attempts to Reduce Waste from Single-Serving Coffee Pods
- Latino Leaders Network to Host Virtual Panel Discussion with Democratic Latino Delegates
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- Music News: Yzhood's New Album Black Out Got number 12 on iTunes music electronic chart
- Yzhood's New Album Black Out Got number 12 on iTunes music electronic chart and number 2 in Canada
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard
- High Throughput Industrial NAS Storage Server Solution For Real-Time Data processing, Recording and Streaming
- Find Your ID NYC: Dreamcast McFly's Ode to Body Positivity with New Single "Big Gurl"