This socially conscious singer/songwriter chose to produce his latest album the day after hundreds of people came to the Glynn County courthouse demanding accountability for the murder of Ahmaud Arbery, an unarmed 25-year-old African American male fatally shot after being pursued and confronted by two white men in Satilla Shores, Georgia. Charges weren't filed against the local perpetrators until a video leaked to the media sparked national outrage and state officials were forced to step in. Those demanding justice weren't just talking about prison time for Arbery's killers, but changes in a justice system that failed for months to bring the murder suspects to account for any crime.
More on eMusic Wire
- Ocean Conservation Nonprofit, OctoNation, 1 of 14 in North America Accepted to Facebook Community Accelerator Program
- AI.Reverie Awarded $1.5M AFWERX Phase 2 SBIR Contract from U.S. Air Force
- Acumentrics Announces New Website Launch
- NYC music licensing executive, hip hop artist makes his mark during strange times
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
Kelley said, "Ahmaud's murder prompted me to do some research, and I came upon the story of George Meadows, a young black man lynched in Alabama in 1889. It made me wonder if we're still living in those days. Will racism ever end? So I wrote a song about Ahmaud and dedicated it to all the innocents who got killed because of the color of their skin. But before I had even finished recording it I heard the news of the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and more and more who died as a result of police brutality. I wrote more songs relating to these events and the idea of putting them together as an album called The Audacity, a titled inspired by a book written by former President Barack Obama called The Audacity of Hope, came to me like a message from God."
Viral Records, a small independent label based in the state of Georgia that was founded by Kelley and associates, has promised to use all means available to raise awareness of these travesties with their collective efforts. Their mutual goal is to illuminate the fears, frustrations and often fatal end of the many that society deems as unequal and unworthy of the justice promised to all in the American Constitution. In other words, to have the audacity to take a stand and call out the social crimes being committed in our country and that has sadly become the new norm.
More on eMusic Wire
- #PYNKTALKS: Mikki Ma'at: Musician, Model, & Hairstylist
- DJ Swagrman No Es Bueno Para Las Despedidas! El título de su nueva canción
- Haydn's Trio in A Major Arranged for Woodwind Quartet
- Local Artist Launches Interactive and Engaging EP With A Focus on Self Love
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
News and other updates about this artist may be found at www.darrellkelleyofficial.com. To learn more you may also go to www.facebook.com/darrellkelleysmusic. Darrell Kelley's press kit will be provided upon request to any and all members of the media by contacting the representative listed below.
Mia Mind Music
Filed Under: Music
Latest on eMusic Wire
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- Robert Eberle | Versa the Band | Don Da Menace Release "Enough" in Support of #BlackLivesMatter
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board
- Cure SMA Urges Remaining States to Expedite Adoption of Newborn Screening for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Could this be the next Nike? Dionies Sportswear Looks to Crowdfunding for an Impressive Kickstart
- PowerOptions Expands Partnership with Solect Energy Through Large-Scale Solar and Storage Program
- Bay Area Health Provider Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Medication Cost for Patients
- Products On The Go is creating the most natural and nourishing products in the country
- Mahmood Khan and Willoughby Symphony crack the Billboard Charts
- NACCE Announces Multi-Year Partnership with the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation
- Pandemics and Forecasting: Seeing the Way Forward via the Taleb/Ioannidis Debate
- IPD announces special partnership with Maxiforce to expand product reach for its customers
- How would you be able to purchase the best harmonium?
- Overcoming Covid-19 Challenges: Alexander James Rodriguez Releases 'My Crew'
- Anritsu Partners with COMINT Consulting to Add Signals Intelligence Capability to Field Master Pro™ MS2090A RTSA
- Rock Guitarist Shares Secret To Making Playing Guitar Fast Easier
- Can's Headphones Foldback for A Quiet Launch
- Syncro's Next-Gen MSP Platform Sees Massive Growth in 2020
- Extra/Ordinary Small Business Podcast Season 2 Launches with All-Star Lineup